CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Heart of Courage

Well,I've been writing Ascension lately, and I have to say that its coming long nicely. I usually get my inspirations in the middle of the night (figures) and so I have half of what I've written in a journal beside my bed. I'll post what I've got once I find the time and motivation to put it on my blog...after I've edited it of course. Right now it's just a bunch of ideas stitched together with a few lines of dialog, if you known what I mean. So far, the main character, who I'm naming Archangel for the moment, has arrived on the planet's surface. There, a battle between the Intai and the Kantras (Kai versions of the Intai) are engaged in a battle taking place in the ruins of presumably one of the former civilizations since the collapse of Intai and Katras empires. What they are actually battling on is one of the ruins that houses the last 'anchor' keeping the barriers that repel the Void up, and in the conflict the essence that does so is disrupted. Only three survive: an Intai'sei by the name of Sora is one, who is shown in the prologue which has been posted earlier, though a good number of tweaks have been made to it, most notably the absence of humanity. Anyway, an unnamed Kantras also survives, along with Archangel. since Archangel manage to stumble into the battle right before the explosian, both natives believe him to be the source of both the explosion and the Void invasion that follows some time later. The writing I got ends right about the time Archangel is 'rescued' (and by rescued, i mean she decided not to rip his heart out....grudgingly) by Sora, so I don't have much beyond that. And I'm still kinda vague on how he actually arrives on the planet from way out yonder in space, but I can fix that later.

In the mean time, I found an epic instrumental/choir piece of music off Youtube that fits perfectly with the story,,sounds like it would be the background music for a movie trailer for something...But that's probably just me : )

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa, that song is very creepy and cool and sort of inspiring.

It does sound like a movie-trailer sort of song. :P