CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring and funky waether.

Well, for the past, oh, seven days, life has been in the usual dreary pattern. Same schedule: Get up, got to school, stare at the clock for 6 hours of classes, than go running (2 miles? 3?) and return home, watch T.V, eat dinner, and sleep. Day after day after day. I don't particularly mind patterns, but a bit more variety would be nice in the day.

Was has had a lot of variety is our weather. Don't know what's causing it, but we've had about four seasons within seven days.  A bit of a rundown below just because I'm bored:

Saturday, the first day of spring, was great. It hovered at around 70 degrees (F), and I spent the day with a friend and my sister (who's in sixth grade yet acts more mature than most 8th graders- go figure) playing soccer with my dog Hope chasing the ball, which soon turned into a free-for-all keep-away from the dog. Once hope crashed, about 30 minutes in, we heading onto the back portch and drank lemonade (thank you mother!) while taking about random stuff, with my sister rolling her eyes and leaving the scene once the conversation drifted to the topic of girls (nothing BAD, just, you know, talking...guys are allowed to do that, right?) The rest of the day was spent at my friend's house, which is around a 10-15 mile walk from mine, clearing branches from that ice storm around Christmas and burning them for a good 2 hours, at 10$ an hour, which was cool. I crashed at around 11:00...tiring day, but fun.

Sunday was less eventful. My dad came home from a business trip, and the day was plagued by rain...not the nice spring showers, but a foggy drizzle. ugh. nothing much to say about today, just that it was boring and stressful...and that my sister stole my Xbox from me and began to play my Mass Effect game, which made me kinda upset (seeing as she played better than me, kinda breaks down the soul of a guy to be beaten by a girl at video games)

Monday was, well, school, but around 3:00 it began to snow. Snow, only 3 days since our 70 degree weather! it kept snowing until around 10:00 at night, and we managed to get a two hour delay before going to school the next morning.

Tuesday started school 2 hours late, which isn't that strange seeing as my state has the worst plow service in the U.S, or so it seems. The only noticeable thing was that my friends and I got a little crazy and decided to play spin the bottle..which resulted in me having to devour an orange peel...and to be honest, those thing were not meant to be digested. at all.

And guess what we had today? 65 degree weather! Went running with my friend, something we do about 2-3 times a week (more or less), which was funny because we were running around with shorts and tee shirts around a local lake, which still had snow on the ground from Monday. Only in the Appalachian mountains can you find that kind of ridiculous weather, that's for sure. Spent the rest of the day reading on my porch and doing homework...nothing overly stressful.

Overall, its been a somewhat eventfull week, just wanted to put something out so everyone knows that I'm not dead or anything.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds fun! Wacky weather. It's was about 15-20 C here all March Break (15/5x9+32=69, so about 70ish in F) but it's getting colder again and will snow soon :(

At one point, you could wear shorts and in the shade there there was still snow. And my house was up to 75 with the sun (parents won't change my house temperature to Celsius!)

.. but it's getting COLDER ):
Sounds like a busy week!

Sandy W said...

If you're bored, I can put you to work making $10/hr doing Flash design. Of course...you'll have to learn the software. But could really pay off for you BIG once you're comfortable with it. Just a thought...Let me know if you're interested.

Michael Windelspecht said...

I like this design better than the old one - where did you get it?