CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is Summer too!

Another random post, but who gives? just giving a bit of info on whats what at the moment.

Well, for starters, the last few days have been warm, as in 70-80 degrees warm (was 80 today, had to wear shorts for the first time in a while)  This kind of weather is my favorite, the warm, sunny, 7:00 and still daylight weather.

For the last few days I've been running, a lot, and I just completed two 3-4 mile runs without stopping on an area we call "the maze' around Bass Lake. I'll see if I can bring a Camera the next time I got there...its stunning, makes me proud to live in the Mountains. I'm tired though...can't manage to stay up later than 10:00 with all the exercise. It's getting me in great shape though...going to try out for Cross Country for the High School in the fall, perhaps trying out for basketball too.

Speaking of High school, just found out what classes I'm taking next year. They are as follows:

105 English
Algebra Fundamentals/Algebra Completer (two summester class)
History (honors)
Science (honors)
Band (A/B year-round)
Health Class (A/B year round...ugh)
Communications

Was thinking of taking up Spanish, but I'm going to reserve that for Softmore Year. the best part is that we get a brand-new High School the year I go in, meaning that it has a cafeteria that functions like a food court, a massive gym, better Football and Soccer stadiums, is positioned right by our Greenway for Cross Country, and the best part is, seeing as we get orientation in the building before the school year, the freshman are going to know the most about how to get around...for a change.

Oh, and the entire High School gets (free!) laptops. awesome

April 17th is the Annual 8th grade dance, aka the annual sit-around-and-talk-with-music-blaring-and-bad-soda. Was going to (try) to score a date and go but I'm heading to a local amusement park, Carowins, with two of my friends that day. However, seeing as I can't stand to go on roller coasters, and that they love them, I don't know if its going to be super-fun or a nightmare...going to have to wait and see.

Also is Spring Fling coming up, the school's spring festival. Nothing much to talk about here...just a good time to get together with friends.

The School finally took pity on us, and though we still don't get a spring break, Easter Weekend is now a long weekend, with tomorrow being a half-day and Monday off. at least its something, I guess. Going to warm like today was, which is awesome.

And to sum up this post, here's a run down of my day:

School
Got home, took dog for 1 mile walk
Ran 3 miles on The Maze, in 80 degree weather, which was tough
Stopped by the Grocery Store
Took dog for another walk, this time with my sister
Read and did homework on the back porch, accompanied by a glass of lemonade and a bag of popcorn
Had dinner on the back porch, steak and sweet potatoes w/ salad, Hope did her begging eyes and gained another 5 pounds off table scraps (7:00 and still daylight by now)
Went on computer, checked on facebook, updated blog.

And...that's about it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oohh, sounds fun for highschool. Dances are fun too!

How can soda be bad?

It's really, really warm here too - I walked my dog yesterday in (short :|) shorts and a t-shirt yesterday, and wore a skirt to school, and shorts and a tanktop today -- where I went on a 5.4k bike ride!

I can't run for beans tho :P

Devon said...

Soda can be bad if its been sitting in a case for 5 years....stale could be a better word

I love this weather, but its taking all the energy out of me with the heat. Yesterday I spent around 6 hours outside...slept like a log.

I love to bike, but its almost impossible to bike regularly with all these hills up in the mountains. They still call those 3 mile runs I took a 5k also, so I guess I ran about as far as you rode your bike.

Michael Windelspecht said...

forgot to add that you kicked your mother's butt running!