CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last Day of Summer



Most beautiful song I've ever heard- When i listen to this song i see my whole life flash before my eyes, the good times and the bad times. It's just all there and yet even though this song gives me a melancholy feeling it also fills my soul with a yearning for the past. I just love this song but i do hate the last day of summer. i think we all do.

Well, this is it. the last day of summer. I guess the above song explains it the best- kind of a bittersweet ending. I mean, on one hand, I cant wait to start highschool- but on the other, as you well know, this summer has been the best ever. I dont really want to let it go. going to do what I did last year- a list of the highlights of my summer, along with things that I wish I did.

Highlights

- Last day of school, hanging out at Mellow Mushroom with what would later become 'The Group', and a great graduation to boot

- The Bonfire, giving one final goodbye to the school year and starting off summer with a bang

- Having andrea say "yes" to asking her out- btw, today marks 9 weeks together :)

- The countless times that "The Group" spent the day uptown during the summer

- The Third Of July- hanging out with andrea and logan at the uptown celebrations and watching the fireworks as the day came to a close

- Doe River Gorge with logan and joseph- hanging out at the lake, the zipline, 'the blob', and especially paintball. one of the best times I've spent with the guys

- Bo's with 'The Group' -laser tag, bowling, arcades, mini golf, and just a whole bunch of fun. one of the best days of the summer

- The times spent uptown with andrea or at the movies- every day with her was special, especially spending that last day (today) with her.

- Group Movie with the group- watched 'Inception' after going to CC's for dinner

- Hanging with Andrea for her brother's birthday all day

- Spending 3 days at logan's house, was pretty fun

- The number of times spent just hanging at logan's house of my house with joseph logan and me

- All Nighter with Marcus playing Xbox until around 4 or 5

- Spending the day with Andrea at Mount Mitchell, another one of the best days of the summer, she was just so happy, it was so good to see.

- the number of times I went running with Logan

- The Highlight of my Summer- not going to say it, its going to remain a mystery, but for people who know me I think they'd know by me not including it in this list

as far as disappointments go...

- not going on enough hikes or camping or anything with my dad. he's been really busy, so not his fault, but I'd like that anyways

- having marcus lave for maine for a month and him never coming with the rest of us to anything the rest of the summer

- the 4th of July. if you really want to know about it its in one of my previous posts

But other than that...nothing else.

The New School

I'd post pictures, but for security reasons I wont. Im going to WHS, which normally is a really crummy school, but we got a brand new school this year! its great, HUGE school, really nice facilities: 2 gyms, 3 floors/3 wings, great cafeteria (with a local pizza place catering pizzas every day, cofee (with flavour shots!), gadorade, soda machines, a full cafe line- its great), great football field (which is right next to the greenway, making cross country epic), baseball diamond, soccer field- everything. plus a ton of clubs and high school sports.

XC (cross country) already started about a week ago- its hard, but really fun, as one of my best friends (logan) is in it and a bunch a kids a know also. we run around 45 minutes non stop every day, one a number of the mountain trails along the greenway, then depending on the day will either do sprints, tempo runs, or workout circuits. so, really, really tiring. but its worth it- im getting in great shape between that and this summer's running. We have a lock-in at the school for XC, which is basically just and all nighter for all of us- should be a ton of fun! our fist XC "meet" (aka race- we practice every weekday with optional saturday morning practices) in in about two weeks, but we are one of the best teams in the state anyways. Im thinking we are running a 5k- should be interesting. Andrea may join cross country, but im not sure.

Anyways- wish me luck for the beginning of high school. going to be fun...I hope. I just hope that i'll be able to stay with andrea and the group throughout high school, but we'll see.

Until next time

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Reading this, I realize I must be a true loner... I get together with friends maybe once a week, or less... but for me, true relaxation is being completely alone.

Yeah, L O N E R

Anyways, have fun in highschool! Grade 9 was a really bad year to me, but you seem more mature than I was, so you're probably fine :$

And XC sounds intense. I'm trying out this year (MY boyfriend is in it, haha -- AHH!) I just hope it's not that bad. I've never really ran distance much. I sprint more, but I don't like sprinting anymore...... so yeah :\

And, I have to ask what your favourite part of the summer is, but I already know I'll have no answer.. but you get points for trying, correcto?

Be good in highschool :\ I'm not looking forward to grade 10.

S a r a h

Aenya Phoenix said...

Trust me, I think you'll enjoy highschool. Just make sure you do as much as you can right now, while you have the chance, because you can never go back and do it over. For me, as a senior, that's one of the things I regret most--not getting out there and doing as much as I could've.
Just make sure you have a blast!