CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Saturday Epicness- Weekly Update

Well, I've been trying to post every weekend at the least, though it's hard to do more than that because of the massive amount of homework (on Wednesday I had to bring home 4 books with a packet in each subject!) and the simple fact that there isn't too much going on to promote every-other-day updates. The leaves are just coming out here, and I'm guessing everything will be green within 2-3 weeks. I'm also taking an interest in photography, and I'll try to post a lot of pictures once the leaves come out. Ascension is coming along well, and If I can figure out how to actually make a story out of the two dozen or so pages of notes I have, I'll start posting a few excerpts from it.

Monday through Friday were more or less uneventful. We had a tone of Homework Wenesday and Thursday, and I'm running somewhat daily, though I'm going to have to start drinking a can of red bull before each run so i don't run out of energy halfway through. It's been beautiful the last few days, and the teachers took pity on us and let us go outside for the last hour Thursday and Friday, which half of the guys (includng me) conveniently spent playing smear-the-queer (aka tackle tag) and tackle football for the entire time. We also played Baseball and Kickball in P.E the two days I had it, but seeing as I misrably fail at both sports, I tried to not get too involved with playing them.

On Saturday 2 of my friends and I went to an amusement park for some Youth Group thing that one of my friends has. It around a two-hour drive there, and we stopped at a restaurant on the way, resulting with us reaching the amusement park at around 2:00. The three of us, including 2 college seniors (who I think were engaged) acting as chaperons spent the day riding rollercoaster for the entire time. There's only one slight problem: I don't do so well on rollercoasters. As a matter of fact, I hate them with passion. The thing is, everyone else in our little group (we were joined by two other girls who were also on the trip by now) LOVED rollercoasters. So, naturally, I was forced through a line to ride 6 or so rides that made my heart stop every time we took a loop or went around a turn. These included Goldrusher, which has about as many corkscrews as an amusement park can have on a rollercoaster; Thunder Road, which is just one drop after another; Vortex, the fastest ride in the park; Nighthawk, where you are lying down the entire time; the Borg, which lets you dangle from a harness while going so fast that you can't hear yourself scream, and the Intimidator, which is the longest, fastest, and highest rollercoaster in the South east U.S. The second of which we did twice. As you can believe, I was about to puke by the end, and was ready to kill my friends for dragging me on them. We ate dinner at Olive Garden, then I spent the rest of the car ride back in silence, seeing as everyone was worn out. I got home at around 12:30, and woke up this morning at 11.

So, that was my week. Felt like I needed to update my blog, and despite the roallercoasters, It was one of the best Saturdays I've had since last Summer.

BTW, here's a little thing I found on Youtube: I trust that everyone has seen the Lord of the Rings movies, and this has the speech Sam gives to Frodo at the end of the second movie in relation to our world.

0 comments: