CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Meaning of Life

Okay, our LA teacher has this thing where we have to write poems and stories based on our life. One, which i think is my best, was a metaphorical poem. The Format is:
Metaphor stanza (I Am)
Metaphor stanza ( My Friend is)
Metaphor stanza (My Life is).
If you read this thing, i didn't really follow the format, but i think it's kinda good.
NOTE: get ready for some out-of-character gooey stuff.

Through the tempest of life I journey,
A simple vessel lost in the Unknown.
Through fire and lightning I endure,
Somehow breaking the crest of each wave.
On the horizon may i see a glimmer of hope:
another ship struggling amongst the storm.
To far to call for help, some stay afloat,
yet others others loose their will and sink into darkness.

Now and then might I see a friend:
an island, becoming me to rest,
to stay amongst their shores and shelter from the unending storm.
Lonely and Forsaken, i struggle to reach their warm embrace,
yet desperate as I am, i must be wary,
less i approach too quickly and crash amongst their rocky shores.
Though as tempting as it may be, I cannot linger in their warm currents,
For i am a wanderer, a vessel amongst the Tempest, and must continue the perils of life.

Again I dive into the abyss,
again destined to rock amongst the waves,
again forced to endure fire and lightning.
Time after time i must resist the embrace of the islands,
less I find myself captured in their waters, never to experience the journey again.
I must watch, helpless, as others are consumed by the storm,
Yet I must continue, as a wanderer, a vessel amongst the storm.
For I know that at the end of this tortured existence, that the last shore, that last light,
must await me at the end.

For i am a vessel amongst the Tempest, and forever must i journey through the perils of life.

Kinda dark, huh? Nevertheless, this is how many people's lives are, and even how I feel when I am at my most depressed state of mind. Enjoy my little glimpse into the meaning of life 8D.

PS. Still trying to figure out how to let comments actually work, but a really don't want to change the template. Until then, i guess I'll stay in the dark on my *ahem* great works *ahem*.

0 comments: